Family Session Information
Your Family Sessions should be a reflection of your family. During the session I photograph all combinations possible, such as your children individually, together, and as family. Before our session we will have a phone or in person consultation so we can discuss your expectations, ideas, and goals for our session. Preparation and communication are the keys to a successful family session. So make sure to share all your ideas and concerns with me during our consultation or on your questionnaire.
Location Location Location!
Finding the perfect location is an important part of planning for the photo shoot of your dreams. It can be done either in my studio or on location. I have my favourite places, and usually make a recommendation during our consultation based on your personality and style, but I always welcome your location ideas. I’d love to know if there is a place that is sentimental to your family so we can discuss our options and plan the best location to suit your family.
COLOUR IS IN! This photo shoot is meant to capture your family, including individuality and style. Helpful tips to keep in mind when choosing outfits:
- Think coordinating, not matching. Incorporate colours and small patterns that fit well together. If you want some inspiration; you can look at my what to wear board on Pinterest – Here
- Don’t be afraid of colour! Choose a few neutral colours, and then add a few bright accents to your outfits. Accessories such as scarves, necklaces, and clothing layers are great for this.
- Wear well fitting clothing. Not too tight, and nothing baggy. If you can’t walk in those pants, don’t wear them!
- No logos please. To keep the look timeless, try to avoid trendy clothing with words or logos.
- Always feel free to text or email me your clothing options laid out before our session!
- Get your kids excited for the session and let them know how much fun it will be, but no need to over prepare them or add too much pressure for “best behaviour” as kids pick up on your stress, so stay cool, even if they throw a tantrum.
- Our goal is to capture their true expressions, and keeping it light and fun is essential to that.
- Our best behaved children (and adults for that matter) are usually those that are well fed before our session!
After our Session
This is where it all comes together! At the conclusion of our session, we will organise a date and time for you to view your slideshow of your best images. This appointment is booked approximately 1-2 weeks after your session, and takes place during regular business hours at the studio, and lasts approximately 90 minutes. And as you choose your favourite images, I will provide artistic input on portrait groupings, placement in your home, and size given your budget and personal taste.